Date: 15th June 2011
Hosted by La Sala, Rozelle
With the support of La Sala - Hispanic Artistic namely Angela Rosero and Alex Palacio, Groundswell committee gathered to review the group’s strategies, develop an action plan and discuss a temporary organisational structure for the upcoming months.
The following is a summary of the meeting and its outcomes.
1. Main strategies and action plan
- Supporting Arts NSW Scope Study
Groundswell will continue advocating for a multicultural arts policy and peak body by accompanying Arts NSW’s independent research into the sector. At the time of writing, the researcher is still to be appointed.
- Building and developing Groundswell networks
Groundswell committee members will continue working together with artists and arts organisations in NSW and Australia in building a strong and visible multicultural arts sector across all art-forms. Some projects discussed to implement this strategy are:
- SAMAG seminar on multicultural arts policy (currently in review by SAMAG committee)
- 2-3 day forum in October/November hosted by CarriageWorks addressing topics such as vision for the sector, audiences, programming, community/professional practice, etc
- Fundraising event aiming to raise some funds that allow Groundswell to expand and promote its advocacy activities across the wider community
2. Temporary organisational structure
Groundswell’s organisational structure will operate transitionally until the research outcomes are known. The Groundswell Committee is made up of artists, arts workers and organisations that work together to provide advice, direction and actual support in relation to Groundswell’s objectives and strategies. A steering committee will work in conjunction with action groups in developing those strategies and will remain open to new members and ideas.
Upcoming committee meeting:
Date: Tuesday 19th July
Time: 6.00PM – 8.00PM
Location: Musica Viva Australia (Board room) 120 Chalmers St, Surry Hills (2 min walk from Central station)
Please RSVP to email@example.com by Monday 18th July.